Initiative Petition 9 for 2024
Official 10-Line Signature Sheet and Cover Sheet
- You have to print the Cover Sheet on the back side of the Signature Sheet.
- You have to use white paper (weight at least 20 pounds, which is ordinary copy paper)
Single Signature E-Sheet You Can Print, Sign, and Mail to Us
- Click on the link above to download the single signature page. Please print the page, sign it, and send it to the address listed on the document.
Petition 9 Text: If you are collecting some signatures, you need to carry with you the text, in either of the point sizes here.
Information About Petition 9:
Major Provisions of IP 9 (2024):
1. Contribution Limits
- Adopts limits on contributions to candidates, political committees (PACs) and political parties to support or oppose any candidate for state or local government office
- Bans such contributions by for-profit corporations
- Requires campaigns, including dark money groups, to name their largest 4 funders in their ads
- Makes large campaign spenders and contributors reveal the true original sources of the funds
- Requires faster public disclosure of large contributions and independent expenditures
- removes exception for campaign contributions in state law defining bribery of public officials
- limits candidates' carry-over of funds from one election to another, so incumbents cannot amass war chests of money that discourage other candidates
- requires more campaign finance information in printed and online Voters' Pamphlets
- increases penalties for campaign finance violations
- modifies system for enforcement of campaign finance violations so that final decisions (including "no violation" decisions) are subject to judicial review
Significant funding for the task ot qualifying IP 9 for the November 2024 ballot is provided by the Oregon Giving Back Fund, which was created and funded in 2013 by Harry Lonsdale, the founder and CEO of Bend Research, Inc.